Monday 22 February 2010

When the first three chickens moved in!


One of my biggest fears are birds of any kind. Especially chickens! So when my mom and dad told me that they were buying chickens to look after in our back garden, I was petrified. My mom decided that they would be an early Christmas present for her.

When the chicken person came with the first three chickens (not the ones who were from the battery farm) the man helped set up the eglu (the hut where they sleep).



He then asked me if I would like to hold a chicken. I told him about my fear, but to his amusement he gave me a chicken to hold, and it was the most fearful thing. I stood there with a shocked look on my face, whilst my parents took pictures and laughed.

The first three chickens were named: Mildred Hubble, Henny Penny and Dorothy.

Named by my parents and my little sister. Ever since then my mom has took care of them like they were her children. Calling them her girls. No I am not jealous. Honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment