Saturday 6 March 2010

Where the fear began...

I have been trying to think of the reason why my fear of chickens and other birds started. And I think I have finally found the answer.

It happened about 14 years ago when I went away with my family to Florida. One day we went for a walk around by the sea, and sitting on a bunch of rocks were a few men fishing. We went over and said hello.

As soon as we started chatting to the fishermen one of them caught a fish and pulled it out of the water. All of a sudden the pelicans that were sitting on the rocks started going crazy and jumping around.

One of the pelicans who was stood next to me saw the fish and jumped up, and by accident bit me on the bum.


Because of the pain that I felt I jumped into the air and nearly fell off the rocks into the sea. Luckily my dad caught me and pulled me away from them.



But to be fair I think you can see why. After all who would want to be bit on the bum by those mean looking pelicans. They have massive beaks and could have easily have eaten me or pushed me into the sea!

1 comment:

  1. haha, I love this story Faye!! I can just imagine the pelican biting you and have been in stitches!
    And sharing a fear of birds with you, I can definatly sympathise!!!

    ReplyDelete