Wednesday 24 March 2010

How to make the perfect boiled egg by my cousin Chef Amanda

Well I spoke to my cousin Amanda who is a brilliant chef about my chicken blog and she has offered me a couple of simple recipes out there that can be done using eggs. They sound delicious. Try and give them a go.

First of all something that I always struggle with is:
The Perfect Boiled Egg




Serves 1:

Ingredients:

1 fresh egg from Faye’s Chickens/or any other chicken!!


Method:

1.Place the egg carefully into a small saucepan and just cover with cold water. Place on the heat and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling turn down to simmer and start your timer:
3 minutes for soft boiled OR
4 minutes for harder yolk


2.Meanwhile put some bread in the toaster, get your plate and eggcup ready.

3.When the egg is ready remove it from the water with a slotted spoon and put in your egg cup. Remove the top of the shell and serve immediately with hot buttered toast cut into soldiers.

Very tasty and so simple! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment